SOMETHING I LOOK AT-108


 SOMETHING I LOOK AT-108

BY-SMRUTI RANJAN MOHANTY


           I AM YOURS 


my love!

how can i leave you

how can you leave me

when both of us are in the mid sea

battling it out to make a living?

we walked hand in hand 

since the day we met

never for a minute you are away

from me, my thoughts, mind and consciousness 


when i first saw you

i fall in love with your spellbinding grandeur 

you captivated me with your looks

and seduced me to have your hands

since that day you have become

my constant companion, passion and obsession

where ever i am, heaven or hell

you are invariably with me

sharing moments of happiness and sorrow 


you are the symbol of my masculine virility  

when i feel sad and apathetic, you always come near and lovingly tell me' my love! that time is not far away when you were as young as others and it is only matter of time when this generation with all its sophistication will  grow old and fade into oblivion.'


when i look at you, you take me to the glorious days of past, when there were none, except she, you and me, life at its fascinating best,  drenched with all the colours of life every now and then

as and when i touch you, i feel blood boiling inside and time going back to the days of my youth and i sense the same killer instinct deep inside and the same tenacity of purpose to run ahead of time and whoever come in the way

i can not think of a life without you

you are in my breath and beats of heart

in my arteries and veins you are flowing and my whole being is possessed by you

i have spent my youth with you

you witnessed those fascinating days i spent with my best half, the fun and pleasure i had with my kids, the ebb and flow and the chill and charm of life

how can i forget those days when you were

in the full bloom of youth and life at its very best

we have spent many a summer  together 

neither the scorching heat of the sun, pears of shower nor the chill winter came in our way 

you have never left my hand

how can i when you are in distress and pain ?


like me you have grown old

forgive me, my love!

for a moment i thought we are unwanted 

if not for others, let us be for each other 

you know she is comfortable 

with none, but with you and me

i will give me and you a new look

together we will move on the path of life

our life is ours and

we have still miles to go

with you and she

how beautiful life will be

there is no space for you 

in your place majestically stands their mercedes 

no space for me too in their life

let us make our own space

in that small apartment 

where once we lived in peace and contentment 


Smruti Ranjan Mohanty©8.2.2019

All Copyrights Reserved


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A LOOK AT LIFE-165

A LOOK-7