Review of my poem

 My creatively positive rumination on a wonderful poem titled "A Look at Life-162" delineated by Smruti Ranjan Mohanty ji from India.


A LOOK AT LIFE- 162

BY-SMRUTI RANJAN MOHANTY


Wasted past

Uneventful present 

Future in the dark 

With trembling mind and body,

my legs once again in the abyss 

Once more I am on my ashes 

witnessing life in the ashtray 


The moment never came

I deceived myself all along 

Time flew away 

With it flew away the urge 

For which I come again and again 


I accomplished nothing 

except for relationships,

pelf, power and recognition,

that faded like the fading colours of life.

Time consumed everything I thought my own  

except for my regrets,

one more opportunity went in begging 


Time consumed the best part of life

My childhood and youth 

In return, it gave me nothing 

but an ounce of external glitter 

Which is so heavy on my shoulder,

something I can not live with,

something I can not carry to the other side


Smruti Ranjan Mohanty©

India

14.10.2021

https://smrutiweb.wordpress.com/2021/10/17/a-look-at-life-162/

https://smrutitanuja.blogspot.com/2021/10/a-look-at-life-162.html

[18/10, 11:21 AM] 450-033: 


Smrutiji,


Your poem titled "A Look at Life-162" is a poem that spells out the philosophy of life in an obvious manner.Past is sacked and the present meanders like anything.Future is filled with uncertainty of the severest kind.The human self is in the doldrums.Life goes through a situation of abominable nature in every step of the way.The destination is not at hand and the golden opportunities are gone forever.Life plunges into a timeless and rudderless existence.The quest to live in this world has dissipated to a large extent.The only thing that can be notched up in this world is a basketful of good tie-ups.All the worldly aspects of life such as wealth,opulence,affluence,positions and powers will vanish in the thin air within no time.Time does wipe out our possessions and everything that we hold so dear.Life is bagful of difficulties and obstacles pouncing upon us.Time snatches away whatever we have in the course of time.Life only gives us fleeting and transitory glitters which act as burdens on the shoulders of us ultimately.Whatever,we earn in this world are left behind here itself.Yes,what keeps on changing is not real and what is unchanging and constant is the real thing in life.Kudos to you for composing such a poem of brilliant nature.


Cijo Joseph Chennelil.

Kuravilangad 2021@


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A LOOK AT LIFE-165

A LOOK-7