A LOOK AT LIFE-162

 A LOOK AT LIFE- 162

BY-SMRUTI RANJAN MOHANTY


Wasted past

Uneventful present 

Future in the dark 

With trembling mind and body,

my legs in the abyss once again.

Once more I am on my ashes 

witnessing life in the ashtray 


The moment never came

I deceived myself all along 

Time flew away 

With it flew away  the urge 

For which I come again and again 


I accomplished nothing 

except for relationships,

pelf, power and recognition,

that faded like the fading colours of life.

Time consumed everything I thought my own  

except for my regrets,

one more opportunity went in begging 


Time consumed the best part of life

My childhood and youth 

In return, it gave me nothing 

but an ounce of external glitter 

Which is so heavy on my shoulder,

something I can not live with,

something I can not carry to the other side


Smruti Ranjan Mohanty©

India

14.10.2021



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A LOOK AT LIFE-165

A LOOK-7