A LOOK-142

 A LOOK  AT LIFE-142

BY-SMRUTI RANJAN MOHANTY


       LET ME


Let me forget

Everything I have learned 

Let me exhaust 

All that I have earned 

Let me forget 

Who I am and where from 

Let me come out of

All relationships and hangovers 

To visualise life in its true colour


Let me begin life once more 

With no past to lean upon 

No future to dream for 

No status to safeguard 

No relations to take care


Let me get out of the cage

Where I have been long since

The social clusters 

Caste, creed and colour 

Religion, dogmas and superstitions 

Pelf, power and accolades 

To be in fresh air 

Where truly breathes life

In the serene oasis


Let me forget my name and identity 

To go beyond me and all 

That put limits 

Pride, anger and  prejudice

Ego, hatred and jealousy 

Let me forget history and geography 

Boundaries and territories 

Myths, parables and collective conscience 

To look at things in proper perspective 


For the first time

Let my eyes see

Ears listen and  heart speak 

Let reasons take a back seat 

Emotions and feelings

Come out in the open

For a change

Let me be a free bird in the blue sky 

To have a romance

With all that I fancy and love.


Smruti Ranjan Mohanty©

14.10.2020

All Copyrights Reserved

smrutiweb.wordpress.com

smrutitanuja.blogspot.com

https://www.facebook.com/titutiku/


Picture-google


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A LOOK AT LIFE-165

A LOOK-7