SOMETHING I LOOK AT-139

 SOMETHING I LOOK AT-139

BY-SMRUTI RANJAN MOHANTY


       BEYOND BODY AND MIND


Decades we spent

Enduring and dreaming a life

That never came by 

Decades we lived in ourselves 

Thinking about each other all the way 

Respecting each other's feelings and dignity 

Without trespassing into other's domain 

Probably that is love at its very best

More fulfilling than thousand marriages 


Decades passed

Neither I tried to meet you 

Not you tried to meet me 

We remained in each other as a sweet memory 

Love those years

I never spent in grief and despair 

But in weaving dreams of love

More fascinating than the real world

We enjoyed our dreams the way 

One enjoys the summer shower 

And bright sunshine in a chill morning 


Days and years passed

We lived in each other's dream

In dreams, our  love unfolded 

In dreams, love matured 

Bloomed into a beautiful flower 

And found  its ultimate fulfilment 

When love degenerates into a relationship 

It loses its grace and beauty 

Love is beyond relationships

It neither needs a mind to conceive it,

Nor a body to express it

It is beyond body and mind, a feeling, a state of consciousness where one truly lives.

Love is too delicate to withstand 

The scorching heat of sun and pears of shower,

Ego, arrogance and burden of a demanding relationship 

It can not thrive in a society

Where jealousy and malice, treachery and hypocrisy Is the go of life.


After decades 

When we at last met 

I could never see those grey hairs, sunken eyes,

Tired hands and legs, ageing body and mind

I could only see my teenage love 

Coming rushing to me with petals of love fluttering 

Dancing eyes, quivering lips, and the aroma of

Wilted petals intoxicating me, 

Taking me to the heaven of relationships,

My dreams and ecstasy 

Where winds never stop blowing 

Where rivers never stop flowing 

Where there is perennial spring 

Where cuckoo never stops singing 

Where love never ages

Always in its teens.


Smruti Ranjan Mohanty©

11. 10. 2019

All Copyrights Reserved.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A LOOK AT LIFE-165

A LOOK-7