A LOOK AT LIFE-56

 A LOOK AT LIFE-56

BY-SMRUTI RANJAN MOHANTY


THE QUEEN OF NIGHT


Oh, the queen of the night!

I will never succumb to your first kiss

Come with your fascinating attire,

Put the whole of me on fire

Come with all your grace and charm 

Seduce me, make me fall in love with

Knock at me, knock at my closed door,

Again and again, to win me, win my body, mind and Heart 


I know not how many times I am here

How many times we met and part

But as and when I come 

You chase me like a mad beloved 

To meet me, feel my touch and feel me deep inside


My love!

We part to meet and meet to part 

That defines our love and romance 

But our joy and ecstasy 

Only for a few moments

Then begins the tedious journey of life, 

Its chill and charm and that long waiting

To give meaning to that eternal love and longing 


My love!

Waiting for you since long 

I know you are behind my back

Since the day I am here.

Come in front, face to face

Come with your spellbinding grandeur 

I will unveil that veil and

See the queen of my dreams once more


My love! 

Come once again with your filigree smile 

Drooping eyes and quivering lips

I could see you, see your body, its curves

Speaking volumes of your love and longing 

Make me full and complete 

Look at me, hug me, take me in your hands 

Lett me see how spellbinding my fiancee is


©smrutiranjan 23.8.2018

All rights reserved


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A LOOK AT LIFE-165

A LOOK-7