SOMETHING I LOOK AT-28

 SOMETHING I LOOK AT-28

BY-SMRUTI RANJAN MOHANY


I feel guilty when i do not listen to conscience

and act as per whims

i feel guilty when something wrong happens

for which the reason is me


I feel guilty when 

i avoid duty deliberately

and remain engrossed in my life and its beauty

i feel guilty when i lavishly spend

while my immediate neighbour

is in dire need of it


I feel guilty when i put a mask

make thousands of compromises

die and reincarnate time and again 

to live life the most ignoble way


I feel guilty when i am not true to myself

see and tolerate injustice

keep mum and enjoy

the comforts of life as i wish


I see

innocence suffers

justice denied

i feel guilty when i behave as if

i know  anything

and find excuses for

my dignified silence


Sunsets and shines

life goes on

but i carry the burden of guilt

all along

being too sober and gentle

i expect others  to raise their voice

and bring that better tomorrow

which is none of my concern


copyright@smruti ranjan 23.2.2017


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A LOOK AT LIFE-165

A LOOK-7