A LOOK AT LIFE-83

 A LOOK AT LIFE-83

BY-SMRUTI RANJAN MOHANTY


      TILL THE HEART BEATS


Till the heart beats

Air comes in and goes out

Blood flows

In the veins and arteries 

My Lord!

Let my mind and will,

Intellect and reasoning,

Feelings, emotions, and possessions 

Which are all yours

Be at your lotus feet.


Until my memory betrays me 

My reasoning leaves me

Till I forget 

You are my father

I am your child

Let this body and mind

Be at your feet 


My father!

If my love and longing for you 

Is true and genuine 

Never let time 

Dispossess me of my only possession 

You and your love

Snatch away the smile on my lips

Snatch my memory and reasoning 

Compel me to forget you

To grope in unlimited darkness 

And leave this world 

When you are not in view 


Take me in your lap

When I am fully conscious 

Looking at you

Listening to your voice

Talking to you the way

I have been talking to you

Over the years


Smruti Ranjan Mohanty©

All Copyrights Reserved


smrutiweb.wordpress.com

smrutitanuja.blogspot.com

https://www.facebook.com/titutiku/



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A LOOK AT LIFE-165

A LOOK-7