SOMETHING I LOOK AT-73

 SOMETHING I LOOK AT -73

BY-SMRUTI RANJAN MOHANTY


Long since 

waiting for something to happen

someone to come

the pleasure of waiting

he knows who waits

and i have been waiting for you

since the day we met when

mind stopped roaming, breath

and beats halted for a while and

time forever remained standstill


Nothing is as pleasing as waiting

it keeps me enraptured and enthralled

binds me with you and your memory

it brings me face to face 

with the heaven of my dreams

and makes each moment of life

so captivating and enduring

hardly i get  time to look at me


You moved ahead but

i am where i was long back

in the lap of your memory 

having nothing to do with the present

i look back

where lies my life and its beauty

those few  encounters and 

the moments i had

just enough to see me through

the days and years ahead


Let there be no end to my waiting

i live and breathe in it

and drench me with all your colours

let me wait for you till eternity

wait for something

which was probably not mine

i can not deprive me of those 

priceless feelings that keep me going

and lure me to live a life anticipating

something to happen

someone to come and take care of me


copyright@smrutiranjan 27.3.2018


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A LOOK AT LIFE-165

A LOOK-7