SOMETHING I LOOK AT-68

 SOMETHING I LOOK AT -68

BY-SMRUTI RANJAN MOHANTY


I know

you love me

i love you too

whenever we meet 

our eyes dance in joy

hearts whisper, lips quiver

but i love you

we fumble to murmur


I reciprocate your love

you feel my feelings

but our love is not

the way it is understood

so unique and different

let it be where it is

in the heart of our hearts

where we truly live


Never let our love come out

very few will understand it

very few know what love is all about

it will be too much to bear

if you go down in the eyes of other

i can not see the petals of our love

wilting under the scorching heat of sun, pears of shower  and the chill winter playing havoc

with all that we jealously treasure


Let that bud of love blossom

into a beautiful flower

with all its fragrance and colour

nothing can snatch it away from us, our love, our only possession so dearly conserved in our heart


We know and respect each other

share our moments of agony and ecstasy

we too appreciate the limitations

with which we look at each other

and my dear! that is what love is

always for the one, you love

you are in me

i am in you

living each moment for the other

my love! this is our love

do we need anything more?


copyright@smrutiranjan 9.3.2018


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A LOOK AT LIFE-165

A LOOK-7