A LOOK AT LIFE-60

 A LOOK AT LIFE-60

BY-SMRUTI RANJAN MOHANTY


        I AM RAVAN


Look at me

I am Ravan, a bundle of negative feelings and emotion

I don't have a friend which I can say my own

I have a family, wife, kids and a kingdom 

But my only friend, my love,  is my inflated ego

I invariably carry it with me wherever I go

In all my pursuits I seek its satisfaction

The mainstay of my life is ego and it's gratification


On ego stands greed, hatred and jealousy 

Treachery, dishonesty and malice

And I am an epitome of all these 

Throughout life, I remained in their constant company.

Family, relationship, love and religion are beautiful till they satisfy one's ego and vanity.

When one's ego is hurt nothing remains his 

The ego becomes his only religion, love and life

And I am no exception to all this.


Ego defines me and my surrounding 

It is ego that pushes me hard 

It is ego that made me what I am

An island in myself 

Where I live my life in my solitary asylum 

With ego, my passion and love


From cradle to the grave

Life rests on self-esteem and ego 

It is the biggest motivator that keeps life on the go

Nothing is as compelling as ego

Life is a continuous endeavour in pursuit of ego and self-gratification 

The desire for appreciation and recognition, pelf and power, fuel hatred, jealousy and ego 

Together they separate one from the rest of others 

Nothing but they define me and my action better.


Rama killed me

But I live in you, in your heart and soul

Run in your artery and vein 

And possess your whole  being 

You burn me every year

From ashes I come back with renewed vigour

Burn you every minute and second 

Neither you can burn me, nor kill

Rather I burn you, kill you every moment.

I am beyond death, time and space 

I am your ego, deathless immortal Ravan.


Smruti Ranjan Mohanty©


Picture-google


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A LOOK AT LIFE-165

A LOOK-7