Critical appreciation of my piem A Look AT Life-41

Here is the review and critical appreciation of my poem A LOOK AT LIFE-41 by eminent poet and internationally acclaimed critic Prof Cijo Joseph Chennelil. Humble thanks and gratitude sir.I am greatly honoured

Dear Smruti Ranjaniji,

Your poem titled"A Look At Life-41"is a poem that depicts a love which is an interminable and perennial one that crosses the boundary of this life into the life beyond.When two individuals live in a relationship dovetailed to each other,it is a loving relationship of mutual understandi
ng and tolerance,they share and care for each other all throughout their lives,they are in each other's company in sorrows and joys,they are inseparable from each other in a whole lot of ways,they are made for each other in every respect,the love they have for each other is everlasting and enduring,but one day this bond is broken through death and one is to depart for heaven and the other is left behind without any care in the world,the desolation and isolation would become the companion of one who is left behind,but the assurance is given that their love is not limited to this world alone rather it travels beyond the world,the love between the individuals that is projected in the poem,transcends above death in every conceivable way.Kudos to you for composing such a poem of magnificent nature.

Written by Cijo Joseph Chennelil Associate Professor Kristu Jyoti College of Management and Technology Chethipuzha Changanassary Kottayam District Kerala India All Copyrights Reserved@ On 30th July 2017.

A LOOK AT LIFE-41
BY-SMRUTI RANJAN MOHANTY

I know not
how to live without you
how can I die 
when are you not around?
my love! be there
with all your passion and grandeur
till I breathe my last in your lap and
lose me in you forever

It seems
since time immemorial
we are with each other
but time has come for
one to bid farewell 
to the other

The single entity we are
a single pair of eyes to
look at the world, a single heart
a single pair of ears to feel life
and smell its fragrance

All along I am with you
feeling me in you
and you in me
enjoying and enduring each moment
of our joy and sorrow

It aches when a single entry
cuts into halves
the soul is made to leave the body
It deeply pains when you
leave the special one you love
all alone
to fight the battle of life
on his own

you know
I can not live without you
but you can live
though there will be
hardly any life in you

In between you and me
there is a thread of love
which will be there
when I will be no more
that love and longing
will make your pain endure  
and let my vermilion shine 
with all its colour

Be sure my love! 
I am always yours
always with you
forever
here and hereafter

copyright@smrutranjan 11.7.2017

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A LOOK AT LIFE-165

A LOOK-7