MY MOTHER-6

 MY MOTHER-6


Is it so easy to change habits

Which have been part of you and your life 

Is it possible  to get the heart out of you

While still alive? 

But I am alive though my heart had been

burnt long since 


For years I used to ring you twice

After reaching home and

Before leaving for office 

Whenever I was late,  

I always got your call

There has been no deviation

For the last seventeen years 

But I am waiting for your ring 

Since that night

But no ring from your side

Have you forgotten me? 

Don't you know

How horrible I feel 

When I do not get you over the phone? 

I am sorry my mother

There has been no ring from my side either 


There have been thundershowers

Since you left

I know how horrible you felt

When I was outside

During sun, rain and wind

You used to ask each and everyone including me

To know every bit of me and my safety 

I know how restless you were

Till I was safely home


Always been by my side

In my sorrow and happiness

None like you, none can be

You know no one can be like you

Never leave me in my hours of distress

Be with me as before here and hereafter 

Since time immemorial you have been 

My mother, I am your erring son

Nothing can define me better.

The soul of my soul 

Lead me from my heart

Where always you are my divine mother 


Smruti Ranjan Mohanty©



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A LOOK AT LIFE-165

A LOOK-7