MY MOTHER-4

 MY MOTHER-4


                  ମୋ ବୋଉ


When I was trying to sleep

You were fighting for your last breath 

No one of your own was with you

It was for you a lone battle in the ICU

I ask myself why a mother gives birth

And for kids lives her whole life with mirth

When her kids remain engrossed in their world

Hardly find will and time to payback 


Your blood pressure was fluctuating

You were sinking in the ICU

Your senses must be searching for your kids

Unfortunately, none of them was around

With little efforts we all five 

Could have been there

Feeling your beats and pulse to the last

Despite stringent regulations and corona scare


I know if I would have been ill

You would have never left me alone

Whatever may be the situation

Nothing could have stopped you

From being with your blood 

That is why you are a mother

And I am your unworthy son


All along you were surrounded with

Everything one needs

That is no excuse 

You were more in need of your kids

And most of us were away from you

We could only meet in months

Being engaged in our own needs.

Always found an excuse

Though we could have met 

At least once in a fortnight or month


Life never gives a second chance

I may get everything I wish 

But I can not get you back

Even at the cost of me and my fortune

You may not be with me 

But in  the journey of life

I will  not be lonely

Always carry you with me

Silently enduring the days remaining


Smruti Ranjan Mohanty


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A LOOK AT LIFE-165

A LOOK-7