MY MOTHER-2

 MY MOTHER-2


         ମୋ ବୋଉ 


Minutes and hours  have passed 

Since you left this world

Where you were my mother

I was your erring son

The situation has not changed 

The same darkness all over

No trace of the sun as yet 


When I look at your room 

Where you recited and let us listen to 

Most of the mythologies including 

The epics Ramayan and Mahabharat 

Among your listeners 

I am probably the lone survivor 

I see that empty cot

Where we had shared so much time

So much of love, life and smile 

Where you used to sit and sleep 

Wherefrom you shower on all of us 

Your love and affection 

Guidance and concern 


Since the last five and a half years

You were confined to bed

But you were always lively 

And full of grace

When l met you last 

I could never think

Your days were numbered

And I will lose you,

My heaven on earth  forever 


Since months

I was feeling restless 

I used to get up from sleep 

And feel a sad melancholy deep within 

A fear constantly haunted me

As if I was going to lose something precious 

Something very special, very different 

Something more than me and my life 

Nothing can be as precious as you, my mother

My heart and soul, life and breath 

My earth below and sky over


Now It is all over

My relationship with you for years

Ended in ashes and smokes 

Tell me! how can I live

The rest of my life 

When there is no you, my mother?


Smruti Ranjan Mohanty©



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A LOOK AT LIFE-165

A LOOK-7