MY MOTHER-5

 MY MOTHER-5


                      ମୋ ବୋଉ


Present too much to bear

Future not in vision 

Past is my only resort 

Where lies the beauty of your touch 

My life and love with all its colours 


My mother! come near

Take me in your lap

Touch me, touch my body and mind

Tell me a story, I will  be in your land of wonder 

Don't leave me alone, be with me 

I want to  bathe in your love once more


I was told 

When I was a kid of some months and years 

In one side was Yama, Lord of death

On the other side you my loving mother

The tug of war was for years

You made your days and nights speak 

Without caring for your bare needs

The Lord of death had to run away 

And your unmatched love and commitment 

Brought me safe from the jaws of death.


You were on medicine and surgery

With an ailing heart and dwindling brain

You had been fighting against multiple ailment 

For twenty seven years 

You fought like a lioness agaist the tigress 

With equal ease and smile on lips

In your last battle 

For the first time I was not with you

Is it the reason my maa 

For which you had  given up

And the Lord of death got the better of you? 


Smruti Ranjan Mohanty


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A LOOK AT LIFE-165

A LOOK-7