SOMETHING I LOOK AT-87

SOMETHING I LOOK AT-87
BY-SMRUTI RANJAN MOHANTY

I am what i am, the same everywhere,
be it in the blue sky or deep in the ocean,
be it in the sacred corners of a temple
or in the graveyard, i am always the same
very true and honest to myself.

Years have passed.
Everything around me changed
bur i remained the same over the ages
with my  basic instincts
hardly undergoing any change.

My love is as fragile as my hatred,
my emotions and feelings are
as transitory as water bubbles.
The scenario keeps on changing
so also i and the  colours of my life
and my actions and reactions  are always guided by motives, largely defined
in terms of happiness and sorrow
pain and pleasure.

Love, friendship, brotherhood,
everything i call divine
are but my interests in different guise.
I do not have a past, live in the exclusive present expecting a brighter future to come by.
no one is my friend, no one is my enemy
No one is  near and no one is far away
for me nothing is permanent
and nothing except  my own interests
define me better, my past, present and future.

©smrutiranjan 5.7.2018

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A LOOK AT LIFE-165

A LOOK-7