SOMETHING I LOOK AT-43

A LOOK AT LIFE-16

BY-SMRUTI RANJAN MOHANTY

The man on the street
I look at him
He looks at me
The eyes meet the eyes
But never the heart

l barely think about the man,
seemingly insignificant
and completely lost in his own world
which is so different
from that of ours

He seems to have discarded
the values of the larger society,
so dear to each and every one
and has his own likes and dislikes
that has nothing to do with
the whims and caprices of modern man

I am in a cell.
What I learned over the years
and the way I was groomed
prohibits me to treat the man as a man,
the values I inculcated
and Lovingly nurtured
come in the way

When I retire
from my ignoble strife
with very little life in me,
my tired eyes again meet his,
lively and fresh.
I laugh at him,
he laughs with me,
I do not know
whose laugh is true and genuine

copyright@smruti ranjan 26.7 2015

Infinite is the mind and intellect
that conceive the idea of Infinity
Infinite is our love and passion to be one with it. From infinity we have come,
in infinity, we will merge

Life is a journey from full to full,
from Infinity to Infinity.
Whatever exists, existed earlier, will exist in future, nothing can be created out of nothing, nothing can be annihilated without giving rise to something, neither there is any beginning nor end, only transformation from one form to other.

Expansion and contraction of
the cosmic universe is the only reality,
a drop of water in the ocean and ocean in a drop of water, all the same.

Out of ignorance, we come under the spell of cosmic illusion, forget our real nature,
Truth, Bliss and Absolute,
identify ourselves with the body, its pleasure and pain and land us in a pool of sorrow
again and again.

We are neither the body nor mind and intellect.
We are not different but one, the manifestation of Infinity having no birth and death,
only transformation from one form to the other
with the cosmic consciousness remaining unaffected by the change of form and colour

copyright@smrutiranjan 18.7.2017

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A LOOK AT LIFE-165

A LOOK-7