A LOOK AT LIFE-27

A LOOK AT LIFE-27
BY-SMRUTI RANJAN MOHANTY
I am not just too old
To look forward to life
Its beauty and grandeur
I am not young enough either
To be in any one's dream
Or anyone to be in mine
Life was spent in vain
In weaving and fulfilling
Dreams of others
I realized it
But late
When half the life
Was in the ashtray
I know
How painful and agonizing
It is
To carry the burden
Of hopes and aspirations
Which are not your's
How foolish it is to expect
Your unrealised dreams realised
Through someone else
How difficult
It is to walk on the path of life
Loosing and forgetting
One's identity,whims and fancies
Beyond a limit
Man is all alone
For he fancies the most
To live in his secluded world
So different from
His loved one's
I am not the one
To confine to a solitary asylum
Or to live in a fool's paradise
Brooding over the past
I know
The new sun,fresh and lively
Is about to rise on the horizon
And I am
For the first time
Not under any one's spell
With all my freedom and detachment
Let me cherish all that is true and beautiful
And look at life
Its splendor and elegance
Once more

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A LOOK AT LIFE-165

A LOOK-7