A LOOK AT LIFE-22

A LOOK AT LIFE-22
BY-SMRUTI RANJAN MOHANTY
To bid farewell
To some one I love
Is very difficult
But I am to bid farewell
To those lovely eyes
Which only see me
To that beautiful heart
Which only beats for me
And to those nicest of moments
Which are completely mine
Let me see those eyes
Smile for some one else
Let me see that heart
Speak for some one else
Let me see my life
Through that some one else
You are to go away
And crucify your love
For the sake of my life
Which is so dear to you
And move on that unknown path
To give meaning and substance
To what we love
Love is beautiful
But life is a reality
You are to choose the latter
If it is a betrayal
Then in that betrayal
Lies the beauty of life
And fulfillment of love
For the sake of your love
For the sake of my life
You are to embrace the new
For you know it
Your present has no future
And the days are numbered
Fear not
He will be no stranger
You will see me in him
Feel me in the poetry of his love
And your beautiful world
Will never be alien to me
His eyes will be mine
His heart will be mine
His feelings will be mine
His whole being will be mine
For I am to live my death
Though him and him only

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A LOOK AT LIFE-165

A LOOK-7