SOMETHING I LOOK AT-101

SOMETHING I LOOK AT-101
BY-SMRUTI RANJAN MOHANTY

                   LOVER

My love!
you have never betrayed me,
never you can.
How can you betray someone you love,
how can you part with someone
deep inside, a part of your body and soul.

My love!
I am as I was,
be happy where you are.
You never need to prove your love,
it is never defined in terms of
gain, pleasure and pain.
Love reduced to a relationship
becomes a bondage, loses its essence and independence, finds itself in chains,
bound by a thread of
expectations and reciprocation.
In an air of patterned behaviour,
interactions, duties and obligations
love hardly finds its space.

My love!
marriage hardly fulfils love,
rather it let it silently die.
So demanding a relationship,
hardly let love remain as it is,
compels it to change and
undergo metamorphosis to make
hundreds of compromises just to
live a life and keep pace
with its changing needs.
What remains is not love
but something else,
never love and loving,
may be living and enduring.

My love!
you left me to complete me and my love,
to live in me, to keep the lover 
in me alive forever
with your heart and soul
taking care of your love.
Do i need anything more?
Doesn't matter with whom
physically you are,
till you are with me at a different level
where nothing but love blazes with flair.

Love is larger than life,
its beauties, betrayals and hypocrisies.
I am living a life in love,
how spellbinding is that waiting
to have a glimpse of yours,
how fascinating is that craving to see you, feel you and to be with you once more.
How different and fulfilling it is
from living a life together,
I know what it means
remaining a lover forever

©smrutiranjan 3.9.2018

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A LOOK AT LIFE-165

A LOOK-7