SOMETHING I LOOK AT-101

 SOMETHING I LOOK AT-101

BY-SMRUTI RANJAN MOHANTY


                   LOVER


My love! 

you have never betrayed me,

never you can.

How can you betray someone you love,

how can you part with someone

deep inside, a part of your body and soul.


My love!

I am as I was,

be happy where you are.

You never need to prove your love,

it is never defined in terms of 

gain, pleasure and pain.

Love reduced to a relationship 

becomes a bondage, loses its essence and independence, finds itself in chains,

bound by a thread of

expectations and reciprocations.

In an air of patterned behaviour,

interactions, duties and obligations 

love hardly finds its space.


My love!

marriage hardly fulfils love,

rather it let it silently die.

So demanding a relationship,

hardly let love remain as it is,

compels it to change and 

undergo metamorphosis to make

hundreds of compromises just to

live a life and keep pace 

with its changing needs.

What remains is not love

but something else,

never love and loving,

may be living and enduring.


My love!

you left me to complete me and my love,

to live in me, to keep the lover  

in me alive forever. 

With your heart and soul 

taking care of your love,

do i need anything more?

Doesn't matter with whom 

physically you are,

till you are with me at a different level 

where nothing but love blazes with flair.


Love is larger than life,

its beauties, betrayals and hypocrisies.

I am living a life in love,

how spellbinding is that waiting 

to have a glimpse of yours,

how fascinating is that craving to see you, feel you and to be with you once more.

How different and fulfilling it is

from living a life together,

I know what it means

remaining a lover forever 


©smrutiranjan 3.9.2018




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A LOOK AT LIFE-165

A LOOK-7