SOMETHING I LOOK AT-153

 A LOOK AT LIFE-153

BY-SMRUTI RANJAN MOHANTY


Still thinking about the time

the precious time

I wasted for nothing.

Thinking about them

once close to me

now nowhere near the horizon.


Thinking about my loved ones 

who took the juice of my life 

to whom now I mean nothing.

Silently brooding over 

the relationships I cultivated 

that never stood the test of time.


Thinking about the moments

I lost to satisfy a few 

for whom I squandered health, wealth and time

who ran away 

at the first opportunity.

Time mocks at me

I miserably failed to make sense of it


One by one

they moved away

leaving me to think about time

which was once mine.

Life laughs at me  

at my miserable plight

the abyss where I am in 


I often ask me

where I erred.

"You never valued yourself  at any point

never cared for the moments 

that came your way"

is the answer of time

to my poignant tragedy.


Smruti Ranjan Mohanty©

24.7.2921


http://www.destinypoets.co.uk/wasted-for-nothing/


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A LOOK AT LIFE-165

A LOOK-7