A LOOK AT LIFE-112

 A LOOK AT LIFE, -112

BY-SMRUTI RANJAN MOHANTY


    LIVING WITH A MASK ON FACE


No problem with a mask

I have been wearing it 

Since the day I realised 

I am lonely amidst many

And a battle is on

A battle to  excel and survive 

Which I have to fight on my own

The battle is for my survival 

As the game is the game

Of the survival of the fittest 

Rules of the game never remain constant 

That is why hiding and escaping are so important 


I am having a mask 

Since the day I realised 

Truth alone can not save me 

Righteousness is relative 

The truth may be bitter

Men of letters, knowledge and wisdom

May not come out of their seclusion defending truth

Instead, they may prefer dignified silence

As the situation and environment 

Keep on changing 

I do not know who is a friend

Who is my enemy

I need something else to survive 

And hiding becomes a necessity 

To understand a situation and people better 

To remain in the race

To  live with them 

Who never put a straight face.


I am having a mask 

Since the I day realised 

I can not make everything public

Sometimes I am to hide myself

My intention, attitudes, feelings and emotions 

From others to better equip me 

To live in a world where priorities keep on changing And naked self-interest rules the game 


Now I am having a mask 

To protect me from the invading virus

The reason is the same 

Keeping myself safe

From outside viruses 

Visible and invisible 

And remaining in the game 

With more vigour and zest.


When I look at the mirror

I envy myself 

How beautiful I look

Behind a mask and think 

How difficult life would have been

Without a mask on the face.


Smruti Ranjan Mohanty©




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A LOOK AT LIFE-165

A LOOK-7