SOMETHING I LOOK AT-23

 SOMETHING I LOOK AT-23

BY-SMRUTI RANJAN MOHANTY


Born and brought up in a remote corner 

grew and developed far far away from

world's fascinating corridor

in the lap and scenic beauty of nature


Schooling was all fun

for money parents were not given to run

teachers were so good

they hardly saw any difference

between the students, they taught

and the kids they reared


Life was sheer beauty

in mother's lap and under father's shadow

college life, to begin with, was a bit hard 

but transition from rural to urban was not so bad


All was well till tragedies, poignant 

came one after one

i lost ones so near

the kids of whom I had to rear

like that of my own

with love, care and vigour


Grew old when I was young

do not know youth and its exuberance

its beauty and grandeur

never lament it even for a minute

for what i accomplished is more

gratifying than what i lost

the beauty of life lies in duty

which I did with heart and magnanimity


Circumstances made me deeply religious

happy as i was in my spiritual pursuit

till a decent job with good salary

pulled me out and promised me all the colours of life which was not be


Back to the world

a marriage to take care

and a family to look after

but life is no better


It seems 

i am not what i am

lost somewhere

still groping in darkness

and working out my own salvation


copyright@smruti ranjan 5.1.2017


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A LOOK AT LIFE-165

A LOOK-7