A LOOK AT LIFE-73

 A LOOK AT LIFE-73

BY-SMRUTI RANJAN MOHANTY


      TIME SPARES NONE


Forget not!

Time spares none 

Neither it has spared me

Nor it will spare you

You may have to go through

The same process 

Now I am going through 

The same old age

Helplessness and compulsion.

Not that easy

To keep oneself in another's situation

And experience his predicament

And pangs of sorrow


One hardly feels

In between youth and old age 

How time flies 

I could not feel it

You may not

It seems

As if it was yesterday 

When I was in my teens 

In the  full bloom of youth 

When you were in your mother's lap

In one fine morning

I woke up 

To  find myself old and unwanted 

In the ashtray 

Burning my last wishes into ashes 

Like a leftover cigarette 

With nothing to look forward 

I am looking back 

To the glorious days of past 

Help me to bear my present 

To carry me to a dignified end


Take care of yourself

Take care of your attitude 

Before it is too late

Before it becomes the cause of

Someone's grief and agony.

Before you make a hell of someone's life

Never forget you have yours to live 

Who knows your undoing may

Chase you all along and 

Return back with renewed vigour?


Smruti Ranjan Mohanty©


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A LOOK AT LIFE-165

A LOOK-7