SOMETHING I LOOK AT-127

 SOMETHING I LOOK AT-127

BY-SMRUTI RANJAN MOHANTY


I AM THE WOMAN WHO MADE YOU A MAN


I gave you birth,

but for me, you are here.

but for me, you are what you are

a man with a distinct identity.

It is because of my touch of grace,

your world is so beautiful and fascinating.

When I am not with you, how horrible and wretched life is, no one knows it better than you.

Forget not

Without me, you are in the abyss,

don't have a sky overhead 

and earth to stand on.


In the form of a mother, sister, lover, friend and wife

I nourished you all long without expecting anything even your love and concern in return.

In my loving care

you survived and grew into a man

All along I stood by you, 

looking after your wants, comforts,  necessities and luxuries without caring for my own.

You, your manhood, affluence, status and position stand on my sweat and blood.

But you are never prepared to accept me as someone at par, an equal partner in all your endeavour

You treat me as a lesser mortal

who has come from a different island to play 

a role as you wish and desire


Your biggest problem is your male ego and mine is accepting the same without hesitation.

Give me my due!

Who has been with you in every summer, complementing and supplementing you in every manner? 

Honour me, honour the women in me, my dignity, or else you will reap the consequence.  

Remember your golden Lanka is not forever.


Smruti Ranjan Mohanty© 10.7.19

All Copyrights Reserved 


Picture-google


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A LOOK AT LIFE-165

A LOOK-7