A LOOK AT LIFE-13

A LOOK AT LIFE-13
BY-SMRUTI RANJAN MOHANTY

Slowly but surely,
I am to detach,
from all that I love and fancy,
and prepare the body and mind,
for the final detachment,
to hug the lady of my life

I am to bid farewell
to all those beautiful moments
and nicest of relationships
which made my life,
a heaven on earth

Bit difficult,
but worth enduring,
for I am never to live
under a shadow and
in perpetual fear of
losing something
which is never mine.

It is the go of the world,
one who has come,
has to go.
Even the sun and moon
have lives of their own.

To lament for something inevitable
is nothing but abuse of life.
Better to prepare
for that journey,
with a smile on lips,
chest up and head high
to have that ultimate romance
with the queen of the night.

copyright@smrutiranjan 30.6.2015

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A LOOK AT LIFE-165

A LOOK-7