SOMETHING I LOOK AT-142

 SOMETHING I LOOK AT-142

BY, -SMRUTI RANJAN MOHANTY


         NOTHING TO COMPLAIN


Lying on a block of ice

Waiting for you since long

The earth below is sinking

The sky over is withering 

But my son! no sign of you arriving 

Know not how long I am to silently endure 

Death and its disgraceful grace

How long I am to wait

To have a glimpse of you, 

The heart of my heart

With  whom I could not live my life

Through whom I will live my death 


My son!

Come quickly 

If not for you, for me at lest 

They are speaking ill of you

I can tolerate everything 

But anything against you

How can I tolerate,

Bear and digest?


All along

You were on that side of the river

And I am  this side

Never tried to measure the distance 

Always saw the sea

Felt  it's hidden depth

The cool breeze that connected you and me

But long since

I could neither see the sea

Nor fathom it's depth 

And feel the cool breeze blowing in between 


Come, my son!

Touch me, my body and mind,

Feelings and emotions

For the last time feel me with all your love

Before I become your dead past

And you a beggar, begging for an ounce of love

On the lonely corridor of life


In life, I could not be yours

Let my death bring you closer

Make you understand relationship, 

Love and life better

My son! I will not die thousand deaths 

I expect this much from you

If not life, respect my death

Those thousand lips speaking ill of you

Just too much to endure

Stop them

I have no answer to their  thousand queries

My son! I will not die once again

Live my death with all your love in the heart

And tears of the whole life 

Rolling down the cheeks 

Silently telling 

How badly you missed it.


Smruti Ranjan Mohanty©

8.11.2019

All Copyrights Reserved


Picture-google


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A LOOK AT LIFE-165

A LOOK-7